*** GMIT Parking Permits for 2017/2018 can now be purchased ***
Galway & Mayo Campuses
Previous Permit Holders should apply for new permits using their existing accounts on the Apcoa website.
New accounts will require a different email address. For New accounts and New Users you will be required to validate your permit. Validation of accounts will take place after your create your account and purchase your permit. In the meantime, you are allowed to park at GMIT while awaiting notification regarding validation.
To set up a new account, please go to the Apcoa website and click "Apply Now Online".
Then follow the steps below:
- Select GMIT Galway or GMIT Mayo
- Select Student or Staff
- Enter address
- Enter personal details and email address/create passwords for account activation
- Enter vehicle registrations ( note only one is protected at any one time)
- Select permit duration, in this case it will be one choice, academic term, September 1st to August 31st with today's date for permit purchase date
- Accept terms and conditions and check your order and select card payment
- Directed to Citipay Safe site to make payment for permit
- An email will be sent to confirm your payment
- Once approved, a 2nd email will be sent to permit applicant to advise you are covered to park on campus
First time applicants (New Accounts) for Staff and Student Permits are advised by APCOA when their permits require validation. You will need insurance details (policy documents) and proof of ID (payslip or college ID) are when validating your permits.
Permits are virtual and do not require the display of documentation.
Vehicle registrations are checked for proof of permit, so it is important to ensure your registration is identical to your application.
Where submitting multiple registrations, please ensure your protected vehicle is the one in use.
GMIT/APCOA are not responsible for errors in application or ensuring accounts are accurate.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
GMIT retains the services of a car park management company at the Galway and Mayo campuses.
On behalf of GMIT, the car park management company collects and stores the following information for students and staff who apply for a parking permit:
- Staff/Student ID number
- Vehicle Registration number
- Email address
- Phone number
GMIT uses this information for the purpose of car park management. Information is also shared with the National Transport Authority regarding journey details of staff and students.
For parking queries, please email: