"All Aboard" Digital Skills Week at GMIT
Monday, April 3, 2017 - 09:00 to Friday, April 7, 2017 - 18:00
All Aboard 2017 is a week-long series of national and regional public events designed to build confidence in Ireland’s digital skills for learning, running from 3rd to 7th April, 2017.
Anybody with an interest in developing their digital skills for learning, regardless of skill level, is invited to come on board All Aboard 2017.
We are running a number of digital skills workshops at our Galway and Mayo campuses, including:
GMIT Galway campus:
- Social Media for Agri-Businesses
- Augmented Reality Collaboration and Learning Opportunities
- Digital Open Badges in GMIT: What, Why and How?
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – Digital Learning Tools
- Augmented Reality - School Taster Workshop
GMIT Mayo campus:
- Web Analytics for Business
- How To: Build a Website
- GIS for secondary school students / An introduction to Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Mapping with phones and tablets
- Digital technology for learning outside
- Infographics and Images
- How To: Create an Animation
- From “Don’t be evil” to Google Almighty: Living in a world where everything is recorded by information gold diggers
- Just because we can, does it mean we should? Playing God with technology.
- Imagining new Dreamtimes: Techno V Eco.
Download the full programme here (PDF, 497KB).
To REGISTER for an event, please book your place at https://gmitdigitalskillsweek.eventbrite.ie/
For further information on the All Aboard, National Digital Skills Week in GMIT, please contact:
Dr Carina Ginty
GMIT Teaching and Learning Officer
Email: Carina Ginty