If you are a current or previous GMIT student, please read the following information carefully before completing your Online Application:
• If you are a current GMIT student, when logging you must select "Enter Secure Area" and log in using your existing Student ID and pin number (the same Student ID and Pin used for accessing your exam results). If you are a returning GMIT student you can select "Apply for Admission" and create a new user account and note your login and PIN as you will need this for accessing the system to see the decision made on your application and to accept your place where applicable.
• You must pick an Application Type of Current/Previous GMIT and complete all checklist items displayed and click on Application is Complete.
• If you are currently sitting exams, we will obtain your results after the summer and autumn sitting. If you are returning to education, we can obtain your results from our system for any awards obtained after 2001. If you have obtained your award prior to 2001, you must send in a copy of your transcript or award after you have completed your application. When sending in your copies, please include a note of your Login ID, name, date of birth and course applied for.
• GMIT's online application facility will be open from Friday 1st March until Wednesday 1st May. After that date applications will only be considered if there are places available.
Please note students will only be considered for places on programmes that are mapped to their current programme, as listed in the Direct Application Mappings above.
ACCUMULATED CREDITS AND CERTIFICATION OF MODULES (ACCM)
Applicants applying for programmes in the ACCM mode must submit a Direct Application Form (LINK) and are invited for interview. The purpose of the interview is to impart a full understanding of the ACCM mode, programme and module details and programme timetable.
DIRECT APPLICATION SELECTION AND OFFER POLICIES
Only applications received by the due date will be considered valid for the summer offer session. Late applications may be considered after the autumn resit examination session, subject to the availability of places.
After the results of the summer examination session are published, the following criteria will apply to applicants for places on all add-on programmes:
1. GMIT applicants will be offered places, in decreasing order of performance, until the number of available places is exhausted. (Applicants for the Honours Degrees in Fine Art and Design in Textiles will be ranked on a combination of academic performance and interview /assessment).
2. If places remain unfilled, external candidates will be offered places, in decreasing order of performance, until the number of available places is exhausted.
3. After the results of the autumn examination session are published, any remaining unfilled places will be offered to those candidates who have obtained GMIT awards, in that session, in decreasing order of performance, until the number of available places is exhausted.
4. Subsequently, where places remain unfilled, they will be offered to all remaining qualified candidates, including late applicants, in decreasing order of perform
OFFER PROCEDURE (ADD-ON ORDINARY BACHELOR DEGREES/HONOURS BACHELOR DEGREES/TRANSFERS)
The Institute will make offers in June to GMIT students and in early July to external students subject to places being available. A note will be put on this link to inform students when their application decision is ready for review. Students will be required to log into online admissions and view their decision. If you are offered a place, you are requested to accept online as soon as possible after the decision is displayed. If you are put on a waiting list, offers will be made when places become available. Students who have accepted their place online will be sent online registration information by post in July and August.
Students who have interrupted their studies and have been granted a defer will have the place automatically re-offered in the next academic year. There is no need to re-apply for your place online. Students under this category will be sent their offer in April/May.
DEFER POLICY (DIRECT APPLICANTS)
There is no defer facility open to students who wish to defer their place on an add-on ordinary or honours degree programme.