Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Information Systems Management (Add-On)
Discipline: Business IT
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year add-on
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
This programme provides students with broader theoretical exposure and expertise in the discipline of information technology. In particular, it affords students the opportunity to learn the necessary skills that will enable them to apply technological solutions and develop information system architectures to solve the business problems of organisations within the networked economy. With this goal in mind, one of the key advantages that make this programme unique is the integration of emerging technologies such as virtualisation in the curriculum.
On completion of this programme, graduates will:
- have an in-depth understanding of Information and Communications systems in business.
- be competent in analysing and interpreting problems in business information systems
- be able to discuss and critique current issues in strategic management
- exercise judgement in relation to the integration of information and communications technologies with organisational processes and functions and to prepare scenarios and options to aid management decision making
- analyse, interpret and manipulate data using information and communications technologies to solve complex business problems
Mandatory: Strategic Management, Systems Analysis, Decision Support Systems and Data Warehousing, Advanced Application Design, Visual Programming, Object Programming, Information Systems Development, Enterprise Information Management, Data Communications, Enterprise IT Management
Electives: People Management, Services Marketing, ICT for Marketing, Business Communications & Negotiations, French, German, Spanish, Gaeilge
On completion, students will be capable of undertaking a wide range of employment opportunities in the area of information technology.
On completion, students will be capable of undertaking a wide range of employment opportunities in the area of information technology. Graduates will be eligible to apply for positions in Systems Analysis, Business Administration and Business Analysis
GMIT honours (level 8) qualifications are recognised world-wide for postgraduate entry.
Also available through ACCS mode
Head of Department of Accounting & Information Systems
Tel: +353 (0)91 742266
Email: Carmel Brennan