Bachelor of Business (honours) Add on
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year add-on
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
This programme provides students with the opportunity to examine in more depth subject areas previously studied, with specialist streams in marketing, human resource management, management, economics and finance, and rural enterprise and agribusiness.
There is a strong emphasis on the current business environment and acquiring the skills and knowledge required for employment in business. Case studies and practical projects are used to further develop students’ analysis, communication and professional business skills.
Mandatory: Strategic Management, Irish Economy, Enterprise IT
1. Economics & Finance: International Money & Central Banking, Irish Taxation Policy: Issues & Context, Financial Services, Managerial Finance, Management Accounting & Decision Making, Finance & Capital Markets
2. Human Resource Management: Employment Law in Practice, People Management, Organisation Theory,Workplace Issues, Business Communications & Negotiations, Supply Chain Management
3. Management: Strategic Marketing, Organisation Theory, People Management, Innovation & Creativity, Supply Chain Management, Business Communications & Negotiation
4. Marketing: Strategic Marketing, Global Marketing Management, Services Marketing, Marketing Practice, ICT for Marketing, International Sales Strategies
5. Rural Enterprise and Agri-business: Rural Resource Planning & Policy, People Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Communications & Negotiations, Rural Resource Management & Research, Innovation & Creativity
Electives: Specified modules from above streams plus Systems Analysis, Dissertation and Language and Culture: Spanish, French, German, Gaeilge
GMIT Honours (Level 8) qualifications are recognised world-wide for post-graduate entry. Graduates from the Bachelor of Business (Honours) programme can also apply for the Master of Business in Strategy and Innovation Management.
The Bachelor of Business (Honours) Degree is recognised by the Teaching Council for progression to the Post Graduate Diploma in Education, subject to the complete programme of study being undertaken at GMIT.
On completion of this post-graduate diploma, graduates are eligible to teach Accounting and Business to Leaving Certificate in second level schools.
Tel: +353 (0)091 742222
Email: Deirdre Lusby