Inside Sales Conversion CourseOpen for Applications
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: 15 Weeks
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: None
See Other Essential Information
The course aims to give people a grounding of the Inside Sales process and methodology. It will also enable people to develop key skills to position them for new job opportunities in the growing Inside Sales sector.
The course is primarily practical and uses role-play extensively to learn skills.
The emphasis throughout is on learning by doing those skills which have been identified as characteristic of a good Inside Sales person. These skills are problem solving, team orientation, a customer-first attitude, a results-driven personality, interpersonal skills, listening skills, written and verbal communication skills, building relationships, presentation skills and emotional intelligence.
The course is delivered by a team of highly experienced people from Ipswitch, Smartbear and Titan HQ, plus a guest speaker from CPL recruitment.
On completion of this modules the learner will/ should be able to
- Understand the difference between cold-calling sales and selling based on developing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Understand how solving customer problems with products and services which are worth purchasing leads to profitable business relationships.
- Understand how valuable customer feedback is in terms of product/service development to meet current and future business needs.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the specialised sales software used by Inside Sales businesses.
Inside Sales is a rapidly growing area of employment in Ireland and especially in Galway. Companies which have Inside Sales Representatives include Ipswitch, Morgan McKinly, SAP, Siteminder, Smartbear, and Titan HQ.
An Inside Sales Representative is a salesperson who works inside the company office and doesn’t visit customers in person. In technology sales, where a lot can be done over the phone and through screen sharing software, Inside Sales Reps can usually close business right over the phone. They cultivate relationships with customers resulting in sales, rather than "cold-calling" them.
The Inside Sales Representative manages a pipeline of potential sales and carefully record interactions with their customers (such as calls made, emails sent, etc.). People well suited to Inside Sales Representative roles are typically already in customer-facing role such as retail sales or account management.
Total course fee is €375. Fees are fully refundable up to the day the course starts, thereafter there are no refunds.
Students who enrol for this Certificate do not qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
- Tuesday, 17th October 2017, 7-9pm: (GMIT) Outline of course, familiarisation with the terms used in Inside Sales, assessment
- Wednesday, 18th October, 7-9pm: (GMIT) Best practices for writing emails, making phone calls, delivering presentations.
- Tuesday, 24th October, 7-9pm: (Ipswitch) Responding to emails (each participant will have two hours to write two emails).
- Wednesday, 25th October, 7-9pm: (Ipswitch) Phoning customers (each participant will have to make a 5 minute phone call).
- Tuesday, 31st October, 7-9pm: (Ipswitch) Videoconferencing customers (each participant will have 5 minutes to outline Ipswitch’s products).
- Wednesday, 1st November, 7-9pm: (Smartbear) Responding to emails (each participant will have two hours to write two emails).
- Tuesday, 7th November, 7-9pm: (Smartbear) Phoning customers (each participant will have to make a 5 minute phone call).
- Wednesday, 8th November, 7-9pm: (Smartbear) Videoconferencing customers (each participant will have 5 minutes to outline Smartbear’s products).
- Tuesday, 14th November, 7-9pm: (TitanHQ) Responding to emails (each participant will have two hours to write two emails).
- Wednesday, 15th November, 7-9pm: (TitanHQ) Phoning customers (each participant will have to make a 5 minute phone call).
- Tuesday, 21st November, 7-9pm: (TitanHQ) Videoconferencing customers (each participant will have 5 minutes to outline TitanHQ’s products).
- Wednesday, 22nd November, 7-9pm: (GMIT, Ipswitch, Smartbear, TitanHQ) Wrap up. Feedback (Ipswitch, Smartbear, Titan HQ). Opportunities in Inside Sales – Ronan O’Sullivan, CPL Recruitment
There are no entry requirements to undertake this course. Candidates will be selected based on an interview which will assess motivation and suitability.
The course is delivered in the GMIT Galway Campus, Dublin Road, Galway. The room will be advised on the Notice Board in Reception on the first night.
Closing Date for Applications
Friday, 13th October, 2017. If all places are taken on the course the status of the course will change from “Open for Applications” to “Course Full”.
Either complete and return an Application Form or phone the Lifelong Learning Centre on 091 742145 to complete an application form over the phone. The link to the Applicaton Form is http://www.gmit.ie/sites/default/files/public/lifelong-learning-galway/docs/lll-application-form_3.docx
Head of Department
Tel: 091 742 559
Lifelong Learning Coordinator
Tel: 091 742 328
Lifelong Learning Centre,
Northern Entrance, GMIT, Dublin Road
Tel: 091 742 081