Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information Technology Services Management (Mayo)
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year add-on
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
The programme provides the student with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to implement, manage and deliver IT Services to meet the demands of an organisation.
This one year add-on honours degree will build on your technical skills and qualify you to work at a management level.
Programme modules may include the following:
- IT Service Management (inline with ITIL)
- Strategic IT Management
- Individual Project
- Data Communications
- Security and Cryptography
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.
Graduates may gain employment in a variety of roles including:
- Systems Administrators
- IT Project Managers
- Self-employed (technicians and consultants)
- IT specialists for local authorities and international organisations
GMIT honours (Level 8) qualifications are recognised worldwide for postgraduate entry.
- This programme is recognised by the Teaching Council for progression to the Post- graduate Diploma in Education, on completion of which, graduates are qualified to teach Computer Studies to Leaving Certificate level in second-level schools.
Graduates will be equipped to carry out a range of functions including the following:
- Manage all operational aspects of IT infrasuructure services in a wide variety of organisations
- Develop and implement policies and strategies to align investment in IT with the attainment of business goals and objectives
- Critically analyse the data communication requirements of an organisation and the support technologies on offer
- Plan and manage significant IT projects
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge in chosen areas of study