Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Services and Automation Engineering
Discipline: Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: Three years
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply through the CAO
CAO Round 1 Points: 140 (2016)
This is a three year full-time Level 7 ordinary degree programme.
The programme focuses on five key areas:
- Electrical Power
- Electrical Services
- Electrical Automation
- Energy Systems
- Business and Project Management skills
Direct entry to Year 2 is available to suitably qualified applicants such as electricians who apply directly to the Admissions Office, GMIT.
- Electrical Technology 1
- Electrical Systems - Installations
- Industrial Automation 1
- Energy Systems
- Applied Electronics
- Maths 1
- Learning to Learn
- Information Technology
- Electrical Technology 2
- Electrical Systems – Smart Building
- Energy Technologies and Installations
- Industrial Automation 2
- Maths 2
- Electrical CAD
- Business & Society
- The Professional Engineer
- Civic Engagement
- Electrical Technology 3
- Electrical Systems - Distribution
- Energy Analysis
- Industrial Automation 3
- Maths 3
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Project Management
- Work Placement
Your qualification is a passport to work anywhere in the world.
- Electrical installation and commissioning
- Electrical and building services management
- Electrical contracting and consultancy
- Electrical & Energy analysis and auditing
- Environmental engineering
- Process control and automation in manufacturing industries
- Process control and automation in the chemical and biopharmaceutical industries
- HVAC, BMS and BEMS systems
- Maintenance management
- You may start your own business
A Level 8 add-on programme is currently being planned.
Transfer opportunities are also available at other higher education institutes.
Students will be liable for an additional materials fee of €100 per year for certain full time programmes.
This fee is not covered by Granting Authorities.
Material Fees are not applicable to either Erasmus, Part-Time or Full time Non-EU students.
Phone: 091-74 2375
E-mail: Barry Finnegan