School of Engineering Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is composed of diverse leaders from industry and other organisations who have professional expertise in engineering and related disciplines, including business.
The Advisory Board, nominated for three years, meets periodically with students, staff and the School Executive, and provides impartial expert guidance, strategic direction and management advice. The Board appraises the School’s mission, strategic plan, and the programmes developed to meet their educational objectives, with meaningful feedback. The Board acts as a sounding board for new ideas and supports the work of the School Executive.
The specific objectives of the Advisory Board are:
• Advising the School on the strategic direction of the School’s programmes to sustain relevance and employability of its graduates.
• Offering business and technology insights as seen and externally.
• Assisting the School of Engineering in developing strategic relationships with the engineering and business communities across the region and beyond.
• Improving the School’s responsiveness to the needs of the engineering and related professions and those organisations employing the School’s graduates.
• Increasing the external visibility of the work of the School, staff, students and research programmes in the local and national communities.
• Identifying and helping implement development programmes necessary to ensure that the School can meet its academic and professional goals into the foreseeable future.