Located on Ireland’s western seaboard, GMIT is spread across five campuses in Galway and Mayo, and offers you an opportunity to study in one of Ireland’s leading third level institutes, while enjoying one of Europe’s unique landscapes.
We offer opportunities in engineering, science and computing programmes to Brazilian students under the Science without Borders programme.
Click HERE to read more detailed information about the programmes on offer.
Top 3 Reasons to come to GMIT
- GMIT is headquartered in Galway, the 4th largest city in Ireland with a population of 75,000 people
- Galway is a friendly and vibrant “student city” – about 25% of the city’s population are students
- Galway is famous for its festivals, live music events, theatres, restaurants, pubs, shops and markets
- Galway and Mayo are on the west coast of Ireland, and benefit from amazing natural resources
- The stunning scenery of the Burren and Connemara are within a short drive
- Water activities such as sailing, surfing, and diving and readily available
- Galway and the west of Ireland attract international companies, drawn to the region because of the highly-qualified workforce, unique location, and quality of life
- International companies in Galway include Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Hewlett Packard, Avaya, Nortel, Cisco, SAP, and EA
- Mayo is home to international companies such as Baxter Healthcare, Volex and Allergan
- GMIT works closely with industry to ensure programmes are current and industry-relevant
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT): A Brief Profile
GMIT has a full time enrolment of over 7,000 students, and has established a reputation as one of Irelands leading higher education institutes.
Why Study in GMIT?
- We offer undergraduate and post-graduate courses across a range of disciplines, including science, engineering and computing.
- Our awards are recognised on Irelands National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). This ensures all qualifications are quality-assured, and recognised internationally.
- Our programmes are delivered in state of the art lecture theatres and laboratories, and small class size groups. Facilities in our campus in Letterfrack, Co. Galway include teaching laboratories, and are used extensively in our teaching training programmes.
- All GMIT programmes are informed by industry experts at the programme design stage to ensure maximum employment opportunities for graduates.
Note: GMIT programmes are available only to applicants who have attained an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Student Life in GMIT
- GMIT’s student population of 7,000 includes over 75 different nationalities
- Brazilian students will get help finding accommodation, and a thorough Induction programme will also be provided
- There are also up to 35 student sports and cultural societies which students can join
English language preparation courses (PSE) in Galway
- Students can can take an 8 week English language course specifically designed for Science without Borders students, prior to starting in GMIT.
Click HERE to view course outline from Atlantic Language, Galway City.