Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT) is a university-level education institution based in five locations in the West of Ireland.
GMIT is renowned for teaching the practical, academic and language skills essential for workers in today's global economy.
What courses are available to international students?
Students from over 100 countries come to GMIT to study the following courses:
Why choose GMIT?
- Strong academic reputation
- Government funded institution
- Supportive and friendly staff
- Excellent student supports
- Internationally accredited courses - from Higher Certificate to Doctorate
- All courses provide a passport to the workplace
- Safe and friendly region, with worldwide tourism reputation
Scholarships for Non-EU Students
Scholarships are available for Non-EU students giving up to 30% discount off the quoted fee. Click here to find out more.
VIDEO - what international students have to say about GMIT
Scroll down to follow the stories of Hallana from Brazil and Nequita from India, as they undertake courses in engineering and hospitality in GMIT.
This five minute video gives you a glimpse of:
- typical student accommodation
- campus facilities
- the international student experience in GMIT
- Galway City