Certificate in Supervisory Management (60 credit) - MAYOThis is a 60 credit Special Purpose Award at level 7 which is aimed at those who work in or aspire to a position of supervisory management. This course involves approximately 2 days per month attendance at our Mayo Campus in addition to online delivery.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to manage people and other resources on a daily basis in order to help achieve management objectives. Students gain knowledge in the areas of:
- Personnell management
- Motivation and evaluation
- Business skills.
To facilitate the (adult) working cohort of students, we use a combination of classroom-based teaching along with online learning resources. It is also expected that the adult learner will engage in significant self-directed learning. The course is delivered in ‘block delivery’ mode over approximately two-days per month (Thursdays and Fridays).
This course is primarily assessed through continuous assessment. The forms of assessments may include:
- Business reports
- Case studies
- Role-plays and presentations undertaken on an individual or group basis.
There will also be one end of year examination for the module Financial & Economic Environment.
This course will be delivered at the GMIT Mayo campus over two-days per month from September 2016 to May 2017.
Students will undertake a total of 60 credits in a twelve month period. The programme will consist of two 15 credit modules, and three 10 credit modules, as follows:
- Management for Supervisors
- Law & HRM
- Financial & Economic Environment
- Managing Operations
- Work-based Project
Programme content will be useful for those applying for supervisory and other management positions.
On successful completion of the Certificate in Supervisory Management, graduates can progress to year 2 of the BA in Human Resource Management in GMIT (Mayo or Galway) or year 2 of the Bachelor of Business degree.
Other Essential Information:
- It is possible to apply to take individual subjects from this programme.
- Click here to see delivery dates for 2016.
- Fee: €3,000. (Note: Corporate discount of 15% on second and subsequent bookings or 20% discount for 5+ bookings or 30% discount on 10+ bookings)
- Application: To apply please complete the application form by clicking here.
- Closing Date: 9th September 2016. (A decision on the feasibility of the programme will be made by 16th September)
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Part-time Accredited
Phone: + 353 (0) 94 904 3197 / 087 6363326
eMail: Clodagh Geraghty
Location: Mayo campus, Castlebar
Programme Duration: One year