Certificate in Law and HR (SPA)10 Credits, Level 7, Semester I
This course will introduce students to the fundamental principles of law and human resource management.
The module will familiarise students with:
- Sources of law
- How law provides the legal framework for the business environment
- Familiarise students with the fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- The introduction to Law in the first part of the module provides an essential context for the manner in which Human Resource Management is delivered.
This course is classified as a Special Purpose Award (SPA).
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to
- Appreciate the role of law in business, its relevance to the working world, and have sensitivity to legal considerations in decision-making at work.
- Classify and describe the sources of law, legal institutions and the roles of legal professionals.
- Evaluate the legal considerations in business decision-making and to have a sensitivity to the employment law issues arising in the working environment.
- Explain the development of human resource management theory and how theory informs practice.
- Explain how the internal and external business environment influences human resource management, and in particular how law frames HR practice.
- Evaluate how effective HR practice contributes to the achievement of organisational objectives.
- Sources of Irish Law & Legal Institutions
- Law of Civil Obligations
- Introduction to Employment Law
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Human Resources and Employment Law Environment
- The Achievement of Organisational Objectives
Other Essential Information:
Duration: 7hrs per week
Time: 9.00am-4.15pm, Fridays Semester I
Start Date: Fridays 29th September, 20th October, 10th November & 15th December 2017
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Part-time Accredited
Lifelong Learning Mayo Campus
Phone: + 353 (0) 94 904 3156
Programme Duration: 15 Weeks