Certificate in Sales and Customer Service with a Language (French or Spanish) - SpringboardFREE part-time Springboard course - Open for Applications
The Certificate in Sales and Customer Service with a Language (French or Spanish) has been designed with input from employers to meet an identified market need for staff with sales and customer care skills plus knowledge of a foreign language.
The programme will consist of six, 5 credit modules and two, 10 credit modules as outlined below:
- Selling (5 credits)
- Customer Service (5 credits)
- PC Applications (5 credits)
- Advanced PC Applications (5 credits)
- French or Spanish Level 1 (10 credits)
- French or Spanish Level 2 (10 credits)
- The Next Step – Transitioning to work (5 credits)
- Work Experience (5 credits)
Students of the Certificate in Sales and Customer Service with a Language will learn how to:
- Sell professionally and provide excellent service to customers.
- Use PC applications for business (word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation and desktop publishing).
- Communicate at a basic level in Spanish or at an intermediate level in French. (No knowledge of Spanish is required to take the Spanish option. A basic level of French is required to take the French option).
With regard to the language, the aim is to give students a grounding in their chosen foreign language, a cultural awareness necessary for dealing with international customers and the confidence to further develop their language skills. Graduates will be encouraged to continue their efforts to improve their language proficiency beyond the limits of the programme.
Students will also acquire a range of transferable skills needed for job-seeking and for the workplace. These include preparing and presenting for job interview, communicating professionally, team working and time management.
There will be a work experience component, which will take place in May/June and run for 6 weeks full-time (or 12 weeks part-time). This element will give students a real life experience of a sales or customer service role and an opportunity to practice their newly acquired skills. Where possible, work experience will involve exposure to the foreign language studied.
- Entry requirement (if under 23) is a pass in the Leaving Certificate with five grades which must include English or Irish and Mathematics
- All applicants at the time of application will be interviewed by staff and acceptance will be based upon performance at the interview plus prior certified or experiential learning
- A basic level of French is required to take the French option
- The interview process will seek to verify the applicants attitude to study and commitment to complete the course
Other Essential Information:
You must apply for this course through www.springboardcourses.ie, where you will need to first register. You cannot apply directly to GMIT.
There is no charge for this course for qualifying candidates.
To check if you are eligible for no fees, go to www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
You must provide GMIT with written evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria before the course commences.
Start Date: Monday 11th September 2017
Times: 9am to 1pm
Days: Monday to Friday
Non-Springboard candidates may apply directly to GMIT Mayo Campus.
The programme is free to Springboard-eligible students.
For eligibility criteria please see www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility for further details.
For non-Springboard eligible students, the fee is €3,000.
NFQ Level: 6
Category: Springboard/ICT Skills
Lifelong Learning Office, GMIT Mayo
Tel: +353 (94) 904 3156
Programme Duration: One year