Financial Control5 Credit, Single Accredited Module, Level 6
To develop student's knowledge and understanding of the nature, context, role and importance of financial control in contemporary organisations, and their ability to select and apply fundamental finance concepts and techniques in support of managerial decision-making.
- Introduction to Financial Control
- Financing Decisions
- Investment Decisions and Capital Budgeting
- Budgetary Control
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to
- Demonstrate an introductory knowledge and understanding of the nature, role and importance of financial control in a variety of organisational contexts.
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of fundamental finance concepts and analytical techniques to investment and financing decisions.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of sources of finance in the contemporary financial environment, including the stock exchange.
- Apply appraisal techniques in the evaluation of capital investment proposals, as a support to managerial judgement.
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of budgetary control concepts and practices to financial and organisational control.
- To participate meaningfully, as members of a team, in the financial control process in organisations.
Other Essential Information:
Dates & Times:
- Friday, 26th Jan/Saturday 27th January - times to be confirmed
- Friday, 16th February: 9-1pm
- Friday, 9th March: 2-6pm
- Friday, 20th April: 9-1pm & 2-6pm