International Human Resource Management5 Credit, Single Accredited Module, Level 7 - Semester II (Online)
The aim of this module is to provide students with a knowledge and understanding of Human Resources in an international context.
It provides students with an overview of the complexities of Human Resource practices in different legal, institutional and cultural environments.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to:
- demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the impact of operating in an International environment on the function of HRM;
- demonstrate a knowledge of national cultures, their importance and limitations in International HRM;
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of International organisational structures, coordination and control mechanisms in the context of International HRM;
- critically discuss the use of various HRM policies and practises (e.g. recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, career development) in an International organisation;
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of issues relating to International assignments and expatriation programmes;
- critically analyse current issues and possible future directions in International HRM.
- The cultural environment
- The organisational environment
- Managing people
- International HRM trends and future challenges
Other Essential Information:
Dates & Times:
- 19th January: 2-5
- 9th February: 9-12
- 2nd March: 11-1
- 23rd March: 11-1
- 20th April: 11-1