Guiding10 Credit, Level 6 - Semester I & II
To adopt a professional approach in the selling and interpretation of Irish heritage and landscape, with the ability to understand and anticipate the tourists needs.
On successful completion of this module the learner will/should be able to:
- Appreciate the factors which influence their effectiveness as guides.
- Develop an understanding of interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate and satisfy customer needs
- Prepare an information folder on the heritage of the local area
- Role of the Guide
- Diversity of guiding
- Skills Soft and hard skills (core guiding skills)
- Workshops for different venues (e.g. town walking tour, versus a journey on a bus versus a lowland walk versus a hill walk.
- Marketing and the role of social media for the sole trader
- Health and Safety
- Local Perspectives
Other Essential Information:
Duration: September to May
Time: Wednesdays and several Saturdays Semester I & II
Start Date: September/October (To be confirmed)
Discipline: Tourism Hospitality and Heritage
NFQ Level: 6
Category: Single Subject
Lifelong Learning Mayo Campus
Phone: 094 904 3156