Digital Media (Level 6)5 Credit, Single Subject Module, Level 6
An introductory module focussing upon the integration of digital media skills within the contemporary fine art environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, transform, and critically evaluate an original idea, across a range of digital processes.
- Display clear evidence of the ability to balance imagination and technology in the development of innovative artistic outcomes.
- Communicate and co-ordinate clearly with others in a problem solving context, in order to create simple moving-image sequences.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the wide range of media processes which constitute contemporary artistic practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the digital image/object and that which it depicts.
Screenings of selected media artworks.
- Slideshows of historical and contemporary work in the art establishment
- Practical workshops in digital imaging with Adobe Photoshop: acquisition of sources/aesthetic transformation (colour, tone and use of filters)/scaling for applications and file formats/the use of paths and selections/layer-based compositing/preparation and output.
- Practical workshops in basic animation techniques with Adobe Flash: importing assets/stage, timeline, and properties workflows/frame composition, time, and tweening/testing and output.
- Principles of studio-production: planning, work-flow, structuring of expression and integration of sources, time-management.
- On-going studio activity and tutorials towards the completion of practical projects for assessment, in the form of both discrete video-animation and digital stills output.
Other Essential Information:
Duration: 3 Hours
Time: 6.30-9.30/Tuesdays - Semester I
Start date: Tuesday 12th September 2017
Discipline: Creative Arts and Media
NFQ Level: 6
Category: Single Subject
Lifelong Learning Office, GMIT Mayo
Phone: + 353 (0)94 904 3156