The Department of Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care in GMIT Mayo offers a range of courses in Nursing and Applied Social Studies.
- Attract students who wish to work in a caring and supportive environment
- Combine academic study with hands-on practical experience
- Are delivered in a supportive learning environment both on campus and in placement sites
Nursing and social care students have many opportunities that lead to challenging and rewarding careers.
- Nursing students are trained to work in hospitals, day centres, clinics, community services, and in specialist services such as Intensive Care, A & E, Addictions, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and in peoples’ own homes
- Students of Applied Social Studies are trained to work in a wide variety of work areas such as social care settings, youth work, childcare, working with people with disabilities, community development and interpersonal services