*** GMIT Parking Permits can now be purchased ***
Galway & Mayo Campuses
Previous Permit Holders should apply for new permits using their existing accounts on the Apcoa website.
To set up a new account, please go to the Apcoa website and click "Apply Now Online".
Then follow the steps below:
- Select GMIT Galway or GMIT Mayo
- Select Student or Staff
- Enter your address
- Enter your personal details and email address/create passwords for account activation
- Enter your vehicle registrations ( note only one is protected at any one time)
- Select permit duration, in this case it will be one choice, academic term, September 1st to August 31st with today's date for permit purchase date
- Accept terms and conditions, check your order and select card payment
- You will be directed to Citipay Safe site to make your payment for the parking permit
- An email will be sent to confirm your payment. You can park on campus once your payment has been confirmed
- Once your permit has been approved, you will receive a second email to confirm this approval
- If your permit is NOT approved, you will receive an email outling the reasons for non approval. These include: Non GMIT Staff/Student, Car Insurance documentation not presented on request, Address given within 1km of campus for Dublin Rd (this includes where address given as campus). No refunds are given if your permit is not approve
- First time applicants (New Accounts) for Staff and Student Permits are advised by APCOA when their permits require validation. You will need insurance details (policy documents) and proof of ID (payslip or college ID, if you are not using a GMIT email address for your account name) when validating your permit. You are allowed to park at GMIT while awaiting notification regarding validation.
Permit Display and Vehicle Registration
Permits are virtual and do not require the display of documentation.
Vehicle registrations are checked for proof of permit, so it is important to ensure your registration is identical to your application.
Where submitting multiple registrations, please ensure your protected vehicle is the one in use.
GMIT/APCOA are not responsible for errors in application or ensuring accounts are accurate.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
GMIT retains the services of a car park management company at the Galway and Mayo campuses.
On behalf of GMIT, the car park management company collects and stores the following information for students and staff who apply for a parking permit:
- Applicant name
- Staff/Student ID number
- Applicant Vehicle Registration number
- Applicant Address
- Applicant Email address
- Applicant Contact Phone number
- Date of Application, approval and expiry
GMIT uses this information for the purpose of car park management. Information is also shared, on an anonymous basis where possible, with the National Transport Authority regarding journey details of staff and students.
For parking queries, please email: