Jim Fennell FCCA, MSc (Executive Leadership)
Jim Fennell has served as Vice President for Finance & Corporate Services of GMIT since 1993. He served as Interim President from April - September 2015 and Dec 2010 - Apr 2011.
Before joining GMIT, he was Financial Controller of a number of divisions within McInerney Properties plc in Ireland and Portugal. He has also lectured in GMIT and for the Professional Accountancy Bodies. He is a graduate of GMIT, a Fellow of the Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and holds a MSc in Executive Leadership from University of Ulster.
He is currently a member of Mayo County Council Audit Committee.
In the past, he held a number of other non-executive directorships including:
- Chairman of HEAnet (Ireland’s National Education Research Network)
- Vice President of Galway Chamber of Commerce
- President of Galway Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Marine Institute 2008-2013
- An Chéim (Collaborative Higher Education Information Management) 2000-2013
- Member of the 2020 Strategy Committee for the agrifood, forestry and fisheries sectors
A native of Co Clare, Jim now lives in Kinvara, Co Galway.
Vice President for Finance & Corporate Services
GMIT, Galway Campus
Tel: +353 91 742727
Email: Jim Fennell