Annette is a lecturer in the Department of Computing & Applied Physics in GMIT’s School of Science.
She is also a module leader on the Level 9 Technology Enhanced Learning course on GMIT’s Diploma and MA in Teaching and Learning programme. In addition, Annette works as a Digital Education Developer on the iNOTE programme with the Teaching and Learning Office (DigitalEd.ie) and supports colleagues in developing online and blended learning opportunities in HEI’s in Ireland and internationally.
Annette has over 20 years experience as a lecturer and external examiner in GMIT, NUI Galway and HE institutes.
Her teaching and research subject areas include:
- Web Site Design & Usability
- Social Computing & Digital Media
- Project Management, Software and Project Planning
- Development of E-Commerce Websites / Web Site Design & Optimisation
- Web Analytics & SEO
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Digital Technologies for Higher Education
- Masters in Computing (NUIG)
- BComm (NUIG)
- PDip in Systems Analysis & Design (NUIG)
- Postgraduate Diploma in HE Teaching & Learning (AIT)
Annette is working towards a PhD on the impact of TEL in Higher Education.