ACCA Professional Level
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 9
Programme Duration: One year
Find out more about this programme at our Accounting Open Evening: 6.30 - 7.30pm on Thursday 9th February 2017 (Cafe Foyer, GMIT, Dublin Road, Galway).
The ACCA Professional Level programme offers tuition for the final level ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) examinations. ACCA is recognised as the largest and fastest-growing global professional accountancy body with 571,000 students and members in 170 countries. ACCA Ireland has over 20,000 students and members. This programme allows students to complete their final ACCA examinations on a full-time basis prior to commencing the required practical experience. Modules are also available on an individual basis.
The School of Business in GMIT has a long tradition of providing high quality accounting graduates. Our dedicated teaching staff are focused on student development and progression. Our lecturers are highly qualified professional accountants with considerable lecturing experience who understand the requirements of professional study, as they act as examiners, lecturers, markers and moderators for the professional accounting bodies.
The following modules are offered:
- P1: Governance, Risk and Ethics
- P2: Corporate Reporting (International)
- P3: Business Analysis
- P6: Advanced Taxation
- P7: Advanced Audit and Assurance (International)
P1 and P2 are normally offered in semester 1 (September to December) and the remaining modules are offered in semester 2 (January to May). Click here for programme timetable.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be required to meet the ACCA Professional Experience Requirement by meeting performance objectives while you complete 36 months employment in an Accounting or Finance related role. You will also have to complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module. At this point you will be a qualified Accountant with a globally recognised qualification.
- It is the responsibility of all students to register for examinations independently with ACCA. Students should also apply directly to ACCA for any exemptions.
- Closing date for applications is 31st May. Late applications may be accepted subject to places being available.
- Programme Fee: €5,500 (EU Fee). This fee does not include ACCA fees and text books. For non-EU fee email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students can apply to complete single modules. Fee per module is €1,100. This fee does not include ACCA fees and text books.
- This programme commences on 1st September.
Dublin Road, Galway.
Head of Department of Accounting & Information Systems
E-mail: Eamon Walsh