Agriculture, food production, and environmental management are some of Ireland’s key industries.
GMIT's campus in Mountbellew, Co. Galway, about 30 miles north east of Galway City, offers degrees in:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Environmental Management
- Rural Enterprise and Agri-Business
All agricultural degrees are taught between GMIT Mountbellew Campus and GMIT Galway Campus.
Typically, students are based at GMIT Mountbellew campus for the first two years, and attend GMIT Galway campus on selected days per week.
Students then spend Years 3 and 4 at GMIT Galway campus.
Students benefit greatly from the practical experience gained on the working farm at GMIT Mountbellew, which comprises of:
- Total area 169 ha
- 80+ cow dairy herd - pedigree Holstein
- Dry stock: 60 cow suckler herd, 60 unit calf to beef enterprise, sheep flock of 250 ewes
- 20 ha Forestry
- Milking parlour
- State-of-the-art grain store
- Sheep and cattle housing facilties
- Handling facilities
Head of Centre
Tel: +353 9096 79205
Email: Tom Burke