GMIT has developed an Access Scholarship Programme for students attending post-primary schools in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon. Twelve scholarships to the value of €5,000 are provided to successful applicants, in increments, over the duration of the programme of study.
A candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be an EU citizen attending/or having attended one of the designated schools.
- Have a Leaving Certificate from 2015 or be taking the Leaving Certificate in 2016.
- Be an applicant for a GMIT programme through the CAO in 2016 and satisfy the general and specific criteria for entry.
- Have family income under the threshold for the third-level maintenance grant scheme in 2016.
- Be supported by an academic reference from his/her school.
Criteria for Selection
- Compliance with conditions specified at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 above.
- Leaving Certificate points within 50 points of the 2015 first round cut-off point for the chosen programme.
- Completed application form.
- Academic reference.
- Interest, knowledge and commitment to the chosen programme.
Nominated candidates may be short-listed. Those short-listed will be interviewed in August 2016 (following Leaving Certificate results and CAO first round offers).
To apply for the Access Scholarship Programme, please download and complete the Access Application Form (Word, 418 KB). The completed form and supporting financial documentation should be returned by 1st May, 2016 to:
Dr Carina Ginty
Schools Liaison Office,
GMIT, Dublin Road,
Dr Carina Ginty
Schools Liaison Officer
Tel: +353 (0)91 742305
Email: Dr Carina Ginty