GMIT has developed an Access Scholarship Programme to award twelve scholarships to the value of €5,000 each to successful applicants, in increments, over the duration of the programme of study.
A candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be an EU citizen attending/or having attended one of the designated schools.
- Have taken the Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
- Be a current applicant for a GMIT programme through the CAO and satisfy the general and specific criteria for entry.
- Have family income under the current threshold for the third-level maintenance grant scheme.
- Be supported by an academic reference from his/her school.
Criteria for Selection
- Compliance with conditions specified at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 above.
- Leaving Certificate points within 50 points of the first round cut-off point for the chosen programme.
- Completed application form.
- Academic reference.
- Interest, knowledge and commitment to the chosen programme.
Nominated candidates may be short-listed. Those short-listed will be interviewed in August (following Leaving Certificate results and CAO first round offers).
GMIT Access Office
Tel: +353 (0)91 74 2129
Tel: +335 (0)91 74 2182
Email: GMIT Access Office