Third Level Training (TLT) Scheme
- Tuition fees will be paid in respect of students attending full time programmes (Level 6 and 7) and who meet the nationality requirement. Accelerated Technician courses approved under the Education/Industry Initiative will also be covered under this TLT Scheme regardless of prior third level education.
- If you have no more than year one done on a previous programme, you will be entitled to free tuition for a Level 6 or 7 programme under the change of mind rule.
- Students who have completed a two-year Level 6 programme are not eligible for free tuition in respect of a further two year Level 6 or three year Level 7 programme, but they may be admitted to the third "add-on" year of a related Level 7 programme.
- Tuition fees will not be paid for students undertaking a repeat year of study or for students who already hold a degree.
Programmes Funded by the HEA/Department of Education & Science
- Tuition fees will be paid in respect of students attending full time programmes (Level 8) and who meet the nationality requirement and residency requirement (must have been resident in an EU/EEA/Swiss State for at least 3 out of the 5 years preceding their entry to their third level programme).
- A Progression Clause in the Free Fees Initiative accommodates students who are progressing to a higher level undergraduate award via the "add-on" year’s route. It is intended to allow students who have completed a Level 6 or 7 programme and wish to undertake a related Level 8 to be eligible under the Free Fees Initiative for the duration of the "add-on" years of the related Level 8 programme—normally 1 year. However, the Initiative also provides for students who may only receive a partial exemption for the normal course duration, ie in circumstances where a student may only receive an exemption from two years of the Level 8 programme instead of three.
- Students who hold a Level 7 qualification, and who were approved under the Free Fees Initiative for the programme, and who undertake a new Level 8 programme from year one cannot be considered as progressing for the purpose of Free Fees Initiative. In this case, the Level 8 programme would be considered as a second undergraduate programme and not eligible under the Free Fees Initiative. However, students may be entitled to free tuition fees for the final year of their Level 8 programme.
- Tuition fees will not be paid for students undertaking a repeat year of study or for students who already hold an undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification.
- Tuition fees will be paid in respect of eligible students who, having attended but not completed approved courses, are returning following a break of at least five years in order to pursue approved courses at the same level.
- Students who have previously pursued, but not completed a third level programme will not be eligible for free tuition fees for the equivalent period of time spent on the first programme of study.