The GMIT SSCA Scheme is a special entry scheme targeted at outstanding sportspersons and those who have made a significant contribution to cultural activities.
Ten additional places will be reserved for candidates who are committed to further developing their sporting, cultural and academic careers.
A maximum of two places will be available on any GMIT full-time programme with the exception of the following:
- GA785 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Science
- GA880 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in General Nursing
- GA882 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychiatric Nursing
- GA980 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Design & Technology Education
Candidates will be required to fulfil the following criteria:
- Satisfy the GMIT minimum entry requirements (general entry requirements and specific programme entry requirements) for the programme(s) to which they are applying.
- Demonstrate evidence of sporting or cultural achievements. (Candidates will be assessed on sporting/cultural achievement and academic performance)
The Referee Report is available for download separately here for your school to complete.
The Admissions Office,
Tel: +353 (0)91 742305
Schools Liaison Office,
Tel: +353 (0)91 742390