The GMIT SSCA Scheme is a special entry scheme targeted at outstanding sportspersons and those who have made a significant contribution to cultural activities.
Ten additional places will be reserved for candidates who are committed to further developing their sporting, cultural and academic careers.
A maximum of two places will be available on any GMIT full-time programme with the exception of the following:
- GA785 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Science
- GA880 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in General Nursing
- GA882 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychiatric Nursing
- GA980 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Design & Technology Education
Candidates will be required to fulfil the following criteria:
- Satisfy the GMIT minimum entry requirements (general entry requirements and specific programme entry requirements) for the programme(s) to which they are applying.
- Demonstrate evidence of sporting or cultural achievements. (Candidates will be assessed on sporting/cultural achievement and academic performance)
To apply for the SSCA, please download and complete the SSCA Application Form (Word, 419 KB) and return it to Lorraine Cunningham, Schools Liaison Officer, GMIT, Dublin Road, Galway not later than 1st September, 2017. Candidates will then be called for interview.
The Admissions Office,
Tel: +353 (0)91 742305
Schools Liaison Office,
Tel: +353 (0)91 742390