Tuition fees will be paid in respect of all full-time students on Higher Cert and Ordinary Degrees who have no previous Third Level and subject to the following conditions:
- On full-time level 6/7 programmes, there is no residency requirement attached to qualify for free fees under the Third Level Trainee Scheme. However students must meet the following nationality requirements to qualify for free fees under the Scheme.
- Students must be a national of an EU Member State/EEA country or Swiss Confederation OR
- Persons who have official refugee status in this State. Time spent from date of official lodgement of application papers for refugee status will be included for the purpose of meeting the three year residency requirement.
- Family members of a refugee who are granted permission by the Minister for Justice and Equality to enter and reside in Ireland under Section 18 of the Refugee Act, 1996.
- Persons who have permission to remain in the State as a family member of a Union citizen under the provisions of the European Communities Regulations 2006 and 2008 and Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
- Persons who have been granted Humanitarian Leave to remain in the State or be a person in respect of whom the Minister for Justice and Law Reform has granted permission to remain following a determination not to make a deportation order under Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999.
Student Query Desk
The Student Query Desk deals with all queries relating to Admissions, Registration, Grants and Fees.
(9th Sept to 4th Oct)
Monday to Friday
9.00 am to 5pm
STAY SAFE ON CAMPUS
An Garda Síochána Information Sheet (PDF, 72 KB)
Fees for EU Students