Students need to be able to swim 50m in order to take part in the watersports activities.
All technical and essential safety equipment will be supplied, but students are expected to supply some of their own personal clothing.
Please email Orla.Prendergast@atu.ie for an equipment list and additional information.
For answers to many of the questions we are asked by prospective students, see our Student Handbook (external site).
Prospective Students may also be interested in the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Geography and Outdoor Education and the Bachelor of Arts in Outdoor Education and Leisure.
Like and follow our Facebook page and Instagram account to keep up to date with all our activities!
Phone: + 353 (0) 94-904 3159
BA (hons) graduates can apply for a range of Masters courses and post-graduate courses, within Ireland ranging from Environmental Science, Counselling, Rural Development, Geographical Information Systems, Sustainability, Philosophy, Youth Work, Primary School Education and Sports Psychology.
ATU plans to deliver from September 2022, an MSc in Experiential Outdoor Education, Nature and Well Being. This is the first Masters programme in Ireland which is focused on Outdoor Education.
To date some of the programmes that the graduates of the BA (Hons) in Outdoor Education have pursued include:
- MSc in Outdoor & Environmental Education, University of Edinburgh
- MSc in Coastal Zone Management, University of Ulster.
- MSc in Sustainable Architecture, North Wales,
- MSc in Environmental Protection and Conservation, DIT
- MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing, University College Cork
- MSc in Ecological Assessment, University College Cork
- Diploma in Field Ecology, UCC
Counselling & Support
- MA in Counselling, University of Strathclyde
- MA in Ethics, NUI Galway
- MA in Family Support, NUI Galway
- MA in Management for Community & Voluntary Services, All Hallows, Dublin
- MA in Community and Youth Work, NUI, Maynooth
- MA in Criminology, DIT
- Diploma in Addiction Studies, UCD
- MA in Family Support Studies, NUIG
Community / Society Related
- MA Environment, Society and Development, NUIG
- PGDip in Remote and Offshore Medicine, RCOS Edinburgh
- MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology, WIT
- MSc in Sport Management, UUJ
Therapeutic / Therapy related
- MA in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Interviewing, WIT
- PGDip in Practice Based Play Therapy, NUIG
- Post Graduate Diploma in Drama Therapy, NUI Maynooth
- MSc in Sustainable Rural Development and Project Planning, Queens University Belfast
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geography, University College Cork
- MSc in Business, Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship, WIT
- Graduate Diploma in Education, St. Patricks, Drumcondra
- Graduate Diploma in Education, Hibernia College
- MA in Development Education, MIC & UL
- MA in Primary Education, Hibernia College
- Erasmus Mundus in Outdoor Adventure and Experiential Education