Certificate in Quality in Statistics & Management (Part Time)Applications for 2021/22 are no longer being accepted.
Discipline: Analytical, Biopharmaceutical and Medical Science
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: 30 Weeks
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Applicants must hold a major award at Level 6 (Higher Certificate) or higher to be eligible to apply.
€400 for Production & Supervisory Management
€400 for Six Sigma for Quality Management
€800 for Project
- You want to upskill to work in supervisory or management roles
- This Certificate, along with the Certificate in Quality and Regulatory Affairs and the Certificate in Science in Quality, make up the add-on Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality for Industry.
- You can undertake any/all individual module(s) and you can obtain any/all three Certificates.
The make-up of the Certificate in Quality - Statistics & Management is:
- Certificate in Quality (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry
• Production & Supervisory Management - Thursday evenings, from 6.30pm-9.30pm, from September 2021 to December 2021.
• Six Sigma for Quality Management - Thursday evenings, from 6.30pm-9.30pm, from January 2022 to May 2023.
• Project - Done at place of employment, commencing September 2021. Supervision at agreed times with assigned lecturer.
For an overview of the Special Purpose Awards in Quality please see here.
Eligibility for the full Level 7 degree:
To do the full Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry, you need to hold a Level 6 award in Science, Business or Engineering. If you have foreign qualifications, please send an official transcript (with English translation if necessary) to Learn@gmit.ie so that we can map your award to the Irish system.
Closing Date for Applications
30th August 2021.
Applications can be made online from 06th April for September 2021 commencement.
How to Apply
Applications for 2021/22 are now closed.
Please refer to this FAQ which may address any specific questions relating to the Quality Special Purpose Awards.
If you have any queries on this please email Learn@gmit.ie
Recognition of Prior Learning may be used to gain access to this programme in accordance with GMIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy. For more information on the RPL Process, please visit https://www.myexperience.ie/about/how-rpl-works/
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
Department of Graduate Studies and Professional Development
Tel: 091 742452