Quality for the Medical Device Industry - SPRINGBOARD+Closed for Applications. Contact us at the end of May regarding September 2020.
Discipline: Biopharmaceutical and Medical Science
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: Applicants must hold a Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry
No fees for the unemployed. €400 if employed.
- The aim of this programme is to provide you with the skills to play key roles in quality management and quality engineering within the medical device sector.
- You will cover key areas such as Regulatory Affairs, Quality Management and Operational Excellence.
- Forfas published a report in April 2013 "Future skills requirements of the manufacturing sector to 2020" and this highlighted acritical shortage of skills in Quality Engineering.
- The Future skills needs analysis report for the medical technology section in Ireland to 2020, issued in 2017 by the Irish Medtech Association, identifies the potential to create an additional 4,000 jobs by 2020.
- GMIT have collaborated with the local Medical Device sector to develop this programme which will deliver key skills within the Quality Engineering field.
- This programme has the support of a large number of indigenous and multinational-based Medical Device companies.
- It will be delivered in a flexible fashion in order to facilitate those working in the sector to also complete the programme.
- Statistics and experimental design (10 credits @Level 8)
- Quality management systems & frameworks (5 credits & Level 8)
- Technical writing with case studies (5 credits@ Level 8)
- Design Quality Assurance (5 credits & Level 8)
- Regulatory Affairs (5 credits@ Level 8)
- Research project (10 credits @Level 8)
You can continue on to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree).
Each Wednesday and Thursday (September 2019 to May 2020) from 18:00 to 22:00.
Apply on www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete your application process you must email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visa.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of your Level 7 Degree/ Major Award or highest other qualification. Translated if not in English.
- One of the following:
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, OR
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ benefit, OR
- A copy of a recent Bank Statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection, OR
- A letter from your Accountant confirming that are Self-employed, OR
- An Affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a Homemaker.
When sending jpgs they must be attachments to your email, -not jpgs within emails. Documents sent as ZIP files cannot be accepted - please send as individual documents.
Graduate & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020