Certificate in Digitalisation for SMEsOpen for applications on www.gmit.ie
Discipline: Business, Humanities and Technology
NFQ Level: 6
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply through www.springboardcourses.ie
Entry Requirements: Grade O6/H7 or better in five Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics and a minimum of 160 points, or equivalent. (See under Essential Information)
- This course focuses on using digital technology and digital methods to enhance how small businesses operate.
- It includes entry-level business IT applications, digital media skills and digital marketing with social media skills.
- There is also a work experience element, for those not working in small businesses.
Open for applications on www.gmit.ie Start date is January 2022.
- Digital Media Skills - download module details here (PDF)
- Building your Online presence - download module details here (PDF)
- Introduction to Information Technology - download module details here (PDF)
- Introduction to Marketing for Small Medium Enterprises - download module details here (PDF)
- Digital Marketing - download module details here (PDF)
- The Next Step - Transitioning to Work - download module details here (PDF)
- Work Experience - download module details here (PDF)
On successful completion of this programme the learner will/should be able to:
1. Apply a broad range of digital solutions in use in small to medium sized enterprises.
2. Describe the core concepts of marketing and digital marketing
3. Explain the concepts and technologies in the area of digital media.
4. Create and manage digital content and assets for a small business
5. Introduce digital marketing initiatives for a small business
6. Propose solutions to enhance the digital presence of a small business.
7. Create digital content based on identified needs and tailored to a defined outcome.
8. Identify the components required for building an online presence and planning accordingly.
9. Identify and segment audiences to build or improve the user experience.
10. Identify and propose relevant rich digital content for marketing solutions.
11. Recognise the importance of engaging in online learning on a continuous basis as a response to technological changes.
12. Describe the importance of communicating effectively with potential customers.
Course Start Date:
10th January 2022
10th December 2021
Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select application type L6***.
Places will be awarded on academic merit. If all places have not been filled by applicants holding the required entry requirement, Recognised Prior Learning may be offered to those not holding meeting the entry requirement.
- The minimum entry requirement is Grade O6/H7 or better in five Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics and a minimum of 160 points, or equivalent.
- Alternatively, a Foundation Certificate of any QQI FET Level 5 or 6 award will be recognised as meeting the minimum entry requirement.
- Consideration will be given to mature students (23 years of age or over) that lack the minimum entry requirements. Applicants in this position may be called for an interview.
- Recognition of Prior Learning can be used in accordance with GMIT’s policy. RPL application is via the www.myexperience.ie website.
School: School of Business
Department: Department of Business Humanities & Technology
Head of Department: Michael Gill
Programme Chair Sharon Boyle email@example.com
Contact person for admissions
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology