Certificate in Digitalisation for SMEs - Springboard+A Springboard+, Level 6 Certificate in Digital Media and Marketing.
Discipline: Business, Humanities and Technology
NFQ Level: 6
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Entry Requirements: Minimum entry requirement is Grade O6/H7 or better in five Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics and a minimum of 160 points, or equivalent. (See under Essential Information)
This course is 100% funded by Springboard and is thus free to both unemployed and employed applicants.
This course focuses on using digital technology and digital methods to enhance how small businesses operate.
It includes entry-level business IT applications, digital media skills and digital marketing with social media skills.
There is also a work experience element, for those not working in small businesses.
- Digital Media Skills
- Building your Online presence
- Introduction to Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- The Next Step - Transitioning to Work
- Work Experience
- Have specialised knowledge of the digital and marketing fundamentals required to get a business online.
- Be able to create and edit digital content including image, video & blog.
- Be able to build and manage an online community around your business.
- Be able to establish and maintain an online presence for a business.
- Develop personal digital and transversal skills.
NOTE: This course is now closed for applications.
If approved under Springboard+, it will open for applications on www.springboardcourses.ie in May/ June 2021.
The start date if approved would be 17th January 2022.
Apply on www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete your application process you must upload the following:
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visas sinceJanuary 2017.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
You must also supply ONE of the following:
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, OR
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ benefit, OR
- A copy of a recent Bank Statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection, OR
- A letter from your Accountant confirming that are Self-employed, OR
- An Affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a Homemaker.
The Springboard+ Programme is operated by the Higher Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills and is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Union under the European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2014-2020.
For specific detail on the content of modules on this course, please see here: Certificate in Digitalisation for SMEs
- The minimum entry requirement is Grade O6/H7 or better in five Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics and a minimum of 160 points, or equivalent.
- Alternatively, a Foundation Certificate of any QQI FET Level 5 or 6 award will be recognised as meeting the minimum entry requirement.
- Consideration will be given to mature students (23 years of age or over) that lack the minimum entry requirements. Applicants in this position may be called for an interview.
- Recognition of Prior Learning can be used in accordance with GMIT’s policy. RPL application is via the www.myexperience.ie website.
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
+353 (0)85 805 3691 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Email : email@example.com
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020