Accounting Technicians Ireland Part-Time CourseApplications for September 2021 will open on 06th April
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: See "Essential Information" below
Tuition Fee: (Tuition Fee plus Student Contribution) is €925 (Year 1) and €925 (Year 2).
For Professional Fees to be paid direct to ATI see Essential Information.
Accounting technicians are qualified accounting professionals who work at all levels of finance.
- You can work in all types of organisations throughout the public sector, industry and commerce and in private accountancy practices.
- You would be involved in the day-to-day practical work of accountancy and play a key operational role in producing reliable financial information.
- As an Accounting Technician you can perform a wide range of finance roles, from accounts staff to financial controller and beyond. For instance, you can do financial accounting and budgeting, costing and credit control, payroll administration and tax returns.
- More experienced accounting technicians may often perform senior managerial tasks and audits.
Accounting technicians can work on their own or alongside professional accountants.
- In a small company, you may be the only qualified employee looking after the finance function.
- In a larger company, you may be working as part of a team alongside accountants and administrative staff.
- You can perform many of the same functions as an accountant and are qualified to take accounts up to trial balance.
This part-time course has two distinct years to cover - Year 1 and Year 2.
- Year 1 gives you foundation knowledge of business and accounting.
- Year 2 allows you to build a deeper understanding of more advanced accounting issues.
- There is also a practical focus on the IT systems that are commonly used by accountants.
Click HERE for more information on subjects..
|First Year Subjects||Second Year Subjects|
There is a great variety of work within the accounting profession, such as:
- Auditing and assurance work
- Corporate finance
- Tax planning
There are also opportunities in finance support roles, like:
- Credit control
- Accounts payable
- Anti-money laundering
- Specialist roles in supply chain operations
Employment of accounting and financial technicians is one of the highest growth rates among business and finance occupations.
Students over 21 Years of Age
If you are over 21 years of age, you can apply to enrol based on your age rather than your educational background.
Students under 21 Years of Age
If you are under 21 years of age, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Leaving Certificate with five passes in Ordinary Level papers. (Passes to include English and either Mathematics or Accountancy).
- Leaving Certificate with four passes of which at least two are in Higher Level papers. (Passes to include English and either Mathematics or Accountancy).
- A fully completed relevant FETAC Level 5 qualification
Applications can be made online from April 6th for September 2021 intake.
How to Apply
***Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select Application Type AT***.
If you have any further queries, please email Learn@gmit.ie
Closing Date for Applications (for Year 1 and Year 2)
01st September 2021
Details to be confirmed shortly.
ATI Fees (Professional fees)
Payable by students directly to Accounting Technicians Ireland:
|Course Materials (€65 x 4)||€260|
|Exams (€75 x 4)||€300|
|Course Materials (€65 x 4)||€260|
|Exams (€75 x 3)||€225|
|IAS Exam fee||€120|
By debit/credit cards or Bank Transfer.
This course does not qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
The Diploma for Accounting Technicians (for which you need to complete Accounting Technician Year 1 + Accounting Technician Year 2) is fully approved as a Level 5 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This equates to a Level 6/7 on the National Framework of Qualifications in the Republic of Ireland. Successful graduates will receive the award of Diploma for Accounting Technicians Level 5 from Accounting Technicians Ireland.
Note, this is not a GMIT award, but exemptions are granted on some modules in the Bachelor of Business Degree to students who have passed subjects in Year 1 and Year 2 of the Accounting Technician course.
GMIT is an Approved Partner with Accounting Technicians Ireland for the delivery of this course.
As a partner college of Accounting Technicians Ireland it is important to note that by applying to, or enroling on, the Accounting Technicians Ireland - Technicians Programme (Part Time) at GMIT you are agreeing to your personal information (name, email address and phone number) being shared with Accounting Technicians Ireland for the purpose of programme administration.
Course details & Enrolments
Department of Graduate Studies and Professional Development