Certificate in Business AnalyticsApplications for September 2021 are no longer being accepted.
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: A Level 8 qualification under the National Framework of Qualifications, in any discipline.
€2,240, subject to confirmation.
- A course for graduates of Level 8 programmes in any discipline.
- Learn the skills to work as a Business Analyst.
- Includes learning to use MS SQL to extract data from databases.
- Has been running for several years.
This 35 credit Certificate in Business Analytics is a Minor Award within the 60 credit Higher Diploma in Business Analytics which can be applied for on www.springboardcourses.ie.
The Higher Diploma in Business Analytics is undertaken over two semesters (January to December 2022) with a weekly time commitment of 20-25 hours per week. The Certificate in Business Analytics is undertaken over two semesters (September 2021 to May 2022) with a weekly time commitment of 10-15 hours per week.
The remaining 25 credit in the Higher Diploma in Business Analytics can be completed from January 2023 to December 2023, however this is subject to the course being run in 2023 and a successful application having been made to undertake it.
Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select application type L8***.
Database Design and Development - download module details here (PDF)
Business Analytics - download module details here (PDF)
Statistics for Business Analytics - download module details here (PDF)
Decision Theory and Data Visualisation - download module details here (PDF)
Post Relational Databases - download module details here (PDF)
Business Intelligence - download module details here (PDF)
On completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Have knowledge in the following areas: Data analysis: gathering, cleansing, processing, exploring and modelling. Principles of Statistics: probability, modelling, regression, quantitative techniques.
- Identify real-world problems that are well suited to data analysis.
- Recognise, understand and appreciate techniques in business data analytics.
- Model real world problems from a data analytics perspective.
- Design and construct a data analytics workflow to solve a business problem.
- Identify and select appropriate data analysis techniques in a range of real-world contexts.
- Manage a computer-based project throughout all stages of its lifecycle.
- Apply best practice in the fields of business intelligence and data analytics.
- Apply diagnostic skills in a range of data-focused contexts.
- Communicate technical solutions in writing and orally in a business context.
- Locate and evaluate documentation and information through online research.
- Assimilate new skills and techniques in computing through online learning.
- Recommend an appropriate course of action based on results from data analysis.
The Certificate in Business Analytics is a 35 credit Minor Award within the 60 credit Higher Diploma in Business Analytics, which is available under www.springboardcourses.ie
*** Please note applications for September 2021 are now closed.***
Places will be awarded on academic merit. If all places have not been filled by applicants holding the required entry requirement (Level 8 Major Award) Recognised Prior Learning may be offered to those holding less than a Level 8 Major Award plus 3 years work experience.
Fully online with recorded lectures, followed by online discussion groups with the lecturers. There may be an occasional live online evening.
School: School of Business
Department: Department of Enterprise & Technology
Head of Department Eamon Walsh
Contact person for the course
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
085 805 3691 from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday