Certificate in Business Analytics - SPRINGBOARD+
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: A Level 7 qualification under the National Framework of Qualifications, in any discipline.
Free to unemployed applicants. €350 for employed applicants. (10% of full fee)
The aims of the component are to offer you the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course in a relevant work-place setting; facilitate you in developing the practical competencies and communication skills necessary to function as an effective team member in the work environment.
On completion you will be able to:
◾Participate in a team in a business environment as an effective and efficient team member.
◾Contribute as an individual contributor and as a full team member.
◾Demonstrate an understanding of the main business strategy of the employer and show an understanding of the role of the team and its work in the overall business strategy of the company.
◾Take on (minimally) entry-level development and / or analyst roles relating to business analytics.
Database Design & Development
This module covers the principles of relational database design including primary keys, foreign keys, database schemes, data normalisation, relational integrity tables, views, sequences and indexes.
Databases for Big Data
This module introduces you to the use of database management systems for non-relational data models namely graph, document, key value and column databases.
Statistics for Business Analytics
This module covers the principles of statistics including probability, combinations and permutations, binomial and normal distributions.
In this module you will investigate how to manage, explore and cleanse business data for analytics.
This module covers the principles of data warehousing for decision support – data warehouse design and development, data tabulation and cube construction and decision support with data warehousing.
Data Visualisation & Business Reporting
In this module you will learn how to communicate information clearly and efficiently via charts, bar graphs, statistical graphics, scatterplots, heatmaps and information graphics.
Professional Practice Project
The professional practice project (work-placement) component is an integral part of the academic programme of the Certificate in Business Analytics.
On completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Design and construct a well-informed business information workflow to solve a business issue.
- Recognise, understand and appreciate advanced techniques in business analytics.
- Discuss, plan and implement fundamental techniques in data management and analysis.
- Describe the limitations of current techniques and technologies in business analytics.
- Locate and evaluate documentation and information through online research.
- Apply best practice in the fields of business intelligence and data analytics.
- Describe advanced concepts in business intelligence and data management in a business context, and the relevant professional and ethical issues.
- Analyse, model and develop database systems.
Course Start Date:
11/01/2020 - check www.springboardcourses.ie
Apply through Springboard.
To complete your application process you must upload the following on www.springboardcourses.ie
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visas since 2017.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of your Level 7 Degree/ Major Award or highest other qualification. Translated if not in English
You must also supply ONE of the following:
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, OR
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of jobseekers allowance/benefit, OR
- A copy of a recent bank statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection payment, OR
- A letter from your accountant confirming that you are self-employed, OR
- An affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a homemaker.
The Springboard+ Programme is operated by the Higher Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills and is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Union under the European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2014-2020.
Graduate & Professional Development
+353 (0)85 805 3691 from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020