Certificate in Business Analytics - SPRINGBOARD+
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply through www.springboardcourses.ie
Entry Requirements: A Level 8 qualification under the National Framework of Qualifications, in any discipline.
Free to unemployed applicants. €350 for employed applicants.
See "Am I Eligible" section of www.springboardcourses.ie for more detail on eleigibility,
- A conversion course for graduates of Level 7 programmes in any discipline.
- Learn the skills to work as a Business Analyst.
- Includes learning to use MS SQL to extract data from databases.
- Has been running for several years under the Springboard+ programme.
NOTE: This course is now closed for applications.
If approved under Springboard+ 2021, it will open for applications on www.springboardcourses.ie in May/ June 2021.
The next start date (if approved) would be January 2022.
Database Design and Development - download module details INFO08007 (PDF)
Business Analytics - download module details INFO08023 (PDF)
Statistics for Business Analytics - download module details STAT08012 (PDF)
Decision Theory and Data Visualisation - download module details BUST08025 (PDF)
Post Relational Databases - download module details COMP08057 (PDF)
Business Intelligence - download module details BUST08027 (PDF)
On completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Have knowledge in the following areas: Data analysis: gathering, cleansing, processing, exploring and modelling. Principles of Statistics: probability, modelling, regression, quantitative techniques.
- Identify real-world problems that are well suited to data analysis.
- Recognise, understand and appreciate techniques in business data analytics.
- Model real world problems from a data analytics perspective.
- Design and construct a data analytics workflow to solve a business problem.
- Identify and select appropriate data analysis techniques in a range of real-world contexts.
- Manage a computer-based project throughout all stages of its lifecycle.
- Apply best practice in the fields of business intelligence and data analytics.
- Apply diagnostic skills in a range of data-focused contexts.
- Communicate technical solutions in writing and orally in a business context.
- Locate and evaluate documentation and information through online research.
- Assimilate new skills and techniques in computing through online learning.
- Recommend an appropriate course of action based on results from data analysis.
Full program documentation for this course can be downloaded here - download full program documentation (PDF)
The Certificate in Business Analytics is a 35 credit Minor Award within the 60 credit Higher Diploma in Business Analytics, which may also be available under www.springboardcourses.ie
Course Start Date:
January 2022 if approved under Springboard+2021- check www.springboardcourses.ie for actual start date
Fully online with recorded lectures, followed by online discussion groups with the lecturers
Applications must be made through www.springboardcourses.ie
The Springboard+ Programme is operated by the Higher Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills and is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Union under the European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2021-2027.
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
Galway Mayo INstitute of Technology
085 805 3691 from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2021-2027