Certificate in Family Business - SPRINGBOARD+A one year, part-time certificate at Level 6. Online Course.
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 6
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: A Level 5 qualification (or equivalent) under the National Framework of Qualifications, in any discipline or be over 23 years of age.
Free to employed and unemployed applicants.
This Certificate in Family Enterprise aims to stimulate the maintenance, establishment and growth of family-owned enterprises in the West of Ireland through developing entrepreneurial competencies in key areas.
The course is designed for those involved in family enterprises:
- Employed or unemployed
- Owners and managers of family businesses
- Family members
- Full-time and part-time staff working in these enterprises
- A study performed by the European Commission estimates that 75% of all businesses in Ireland are family enterprises.
- There are approximately 200,000 Irish family enterprises in Ireland, and they employ 40% to 50% of the private-sector workforce.
- The West has a long tradition of successful family-run businesses with PortWest, Carraig Donn, Smyths Toys, Supermacs, Horkans Lifestyle & Garden Centres to mention a few.
- 99% of active enterprises in the West of Ireland region are SME’s with 93.6% of them being micro businesses.
- The recent commitment of the government Project 2040 plan to support the economic development of the Atlantic Economic Corridor will encourage further development of family-led business in the West.
- By partnering with innovation hubs in the region to deliver and promote these skills will ensure sustained economic development of the West.
- This is supported with the recent European Entrepreneurship award for 2018, and new programmes e.g. Empower 2017 for women entrepreneurs.
- This highlights the need for continued support in enterprise development at the start-up stage through to business development and growth.
- The opportunity to build the economy of the West through the development of entrepreneurial skills and development of family-led business is critical.
- Family Business
- New Venture Creation
- Introduction to Accounting and Tax
- Marketing and Market Research
- New Venture Planning
- Law for Family Business
20th December 2019
Course Start Date:
6th January 2020
Fully Online. All the modules will be recorded to allow participants to log on to the course site at times that are convenient to them and their family enterprises.
Apply on www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete the application process you must email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 Visa
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae
You must also include one of the following with your application:
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ Benefit
- A copy of a recent Bank Statement showing receipt of a different eligible Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection payment
- A letter from your accountant confirming that you are self-employed
- An affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a homemaker
When sending jpgs they must be attachments to your email, not jpgs within emails. Documents submitted as ZIP files cannot be accepted - they must be submitted as individual documents.
Graduate & Professional Development
+353 (0)91 742328
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020