Financial Management (Jobs Stimulus Module)To develop students’ knowledge and understanding of, and to stimulate their interest in, the nature, importance, environment, concepts, processes, techniques and applications of financial management in a variety of organisational contexts.
NFQ Level: 7
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €37 to employed applicants (€328 funded by HEA)
Financial Management - 5 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Evince a knowledge and understanding of the nature, role, context, concepts, processes, techniques and applications of financial management in a variety of organizations, including small business;
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of financial management concepts and analytical techniques to investment and financing decisions, and in particular to the processes of capital budgeting, working capital management and managing financial structure;
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the contemporary financial environment, including institutions, markets and sources of finance, with particular reference to Ireland;
- Construct, analyse, interpret, evaluate and use financial information;
- Draw upon a critical awareness of current issues, practices, developments and possible future directions in financial management.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Accounting and Fin. Mgmt.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 01/06/2021
Email: Michael Gill