Foundation Studies Diploma – Business (Galway)This is a joint NUIG-GMIT foundation course designed to prepare students for higher level education and provides access to courses in GMIT and NUIG.
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 6
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: There are no specific entry requirements, such as Leaving Certificate or aptitude tests, but typically candidates have a keen interest in reading and learning in general and aspire to continue their education to degree level and/or beyond.
This intensive part-time course is for Mature Applicants aged 22 or over running for 26 weeks.
The course has been designed for people who have been out of the formal education system for some time, and are interested in studying Business, Law or Arts at third level.
The aim of the course is to prepare students for direct entry to relevant undergraduate degree programmes at NUI Galway or Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT).
The course includes:
- Academic technology
- College and career preparation
- Study skills
- Academic writing
Most modules on the programme are assessed through a combination of coursework and examination.
For modules where coursework counts for less than 100% of marks, exams take place at the end of each module or semester.
- This course is a recognised entry requirement at GMIT and NUI Galway and for full-time and part-time Business, Law or Arts courses at both institutions.
- Participants on this Foundation course must apply through the CAO Mature Students route for a place on a full-time course.
- You must apply to the CAO before 1st February in the year of entry to a third level programme i.e. you apply for a full-time, third level place that will start the following autumn while your are still completing the Foundation course.
Level & Credits
This is a 30 ECTS Level 6 programme.
- Apply online at: www.nuigalway.ie/mature/part-time
The course runs two nights per week Tuesdays and Thursdays (7pm to 10pm) and all day Saturday (one per month 10am to 5pm) in NUI Galway.
€380 if you are in employment, and €60 if you are in receipt of Social Welfare. Further details and updates available from contact below.
Contact: Mature Students Office, NUI Galway.
Tel: +353 91 492695