Certificate in Network Cybersecurity (Springboard)
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply through www.springboardcourses.ie
Entry Requirements: The minimum entry requirement is a level 6 major award or equivalent. The applicant must have a working knowledge of Information Technology as evidenced by a level 6 standard or equivalent cognate area or relevant work experience.
Free to unemployed; €300 for employed.
For full eligibility rules see www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
- This 30 credit programme aims to upskill IT practitioners in current tools and techniques to provide a secure network environment for an organisation.
- It involves configuring network equipment and software in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) of an organization to protect against malicious external and internal threats.
- The objective of the programme is to provide a pathway for professionals to upskill to ensure secure IT network infrastructure for organisations.
NOTE: This course is now closed for applications.
If approved under Springboard+, it will open for applications on www.springboardcourses.ie in May/ June 2021.
The start date if approved would be September 2021
Eligibility criteria for Springboard courses can be viewed here (PDF)
The specific learning outcomes for the programme are:
- Learners will have specialised knowledge and understanding across a range of theoretical and technical concepts pertaining to Network Cybersecurity
- Learners will have developed the skills required to assess the vulnerability and readiness of an organisation regarding cyberattacks.
- Learners will be able to demonstrate a range of specialised technical skills and abilities in the deploying Network Cybersecurity solutions.
- Learners will be able to exercise judgment in the selection and use of appropriate tools and techniques to design and implement Network Cybersecurity systems.
- Learners will be able to recognise and identify modern security risks and be able to evaluate new concepts and technologies in Network Cybersecurity and apply them appropriately.
- Learners will be cognizant of emerging threats, attacks surfaces and mitigating tools.
How to Apply:
Applications are via the Springboard website https://springboardcourses.ie
1 day/month plus 10 hours per week online student engagement (provisional) over 1 year
The minimum entry requirement is a level 6 major award or equivalent. The applicant must have a working knowledge of Information Technology as evidenced by a level 6 standard or equivalent cognate area or relevant work experience.
Springboard+ Fees - FREE for those classified as unemployed.
The Springboard+ Fee for employed participants is €300.
For full list please see http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
School: School of Business
Department: Department of Business, Humanities & Technology
Head of Department: Michael Gill
Programme Chair Dr Seamus Dowling firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for admissions
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
085 805 3691 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020