Fundamentals of Pastry Baking and Desserts (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Culinary Arts
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 6
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €105 to employed applicants (€945 funded by HEA)
This module ensures that all students are competent in the production of breads, gateaux and pastries with particular emphasis on the scientific principles, production processes underpinning this discipline, seasonality of products, procurement processes and modern trends.
Fundamentals of Pastry Baking and Desserts - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Explain the scientific principles underpinning all the processes used in pastry productions
- List all commodities, equipment, techniques and the range of artisan, seasonal and locally available products related to pastry production.
- Apply cost and quality control procedures as they relate to the production of pastry products.
- Utilise the processes and techniques necessary to produce a range of pastes, breads and sponge products
- Apply the processes and techniques necessary to produce a range of hot and cold desserts.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Culinary & Gastronomic Sc.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone