Modern and Innovative Pastry Baking and Desserts (Jobs Stimulus Module)This module assists learners to demonstrate with confidence and creativity the skills required for pastry in the hospitality industry.
Discipline: Culinary Arts
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 6
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €105 to employed applicants (€945 funded by HEA)
Modern and Innovative Pastry Baking and Desserts - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Explain current developments and trends in the bakery and pastry industry.
- Utilise modern techniques to adapt classical desserts and confectionery products to contemporary styles.
- Apply innovative concepts of composition, taste, design and texture to 'allergy-aware' pastry bakery and desserts.
- Apply the necessary skills to produce a range of petit fours and chocolate work
- Utilise the necessary skills and techniques to produce a selection of breads, to include health breads and enriched doughs.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Culinary & Gastronomic Sc.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone