Software Engineering with Test (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Electronic and Electrical Engineering
NFQ Level: 8
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €99 to employed applicants (€891 funded by HEA)
Software engineering is the engineering discipline through which software is developed.
Commonly the process involves finding out what the client wants, composing this in a list of requirements, designing an architecture capable of supporting all of the requirements, designing, coding, testing and integrating the separate parts, testing the whole, deploying and maintaining the software. Programming is only a small part of software engineering.
Software testing is an investigation conducted to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the product or service under test.
Software Engineering with Test - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Create and/or evolve software requirement documents
- Design and document software with the UML (Unified Modelling Langauge)
- Write (automated) software tests, run those tests and evaluate test outcomes.
- Fix/Evolve the software based on the flaws/errors in program code by testing.
- Maintain and professionally evolve software using version control software such as GIT.
- Configure/manage software builds using automated build tools like "make", "ant" etc.
- Identify and use appropriate software engineering tools for particular tasks.
- Explain the processes,mechanisms and tools that contribute to management of software quality.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the ApplicationType JS- Software & Electronic Eng.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 07/05/2021
Head Of Department