Bachelor of Engineering (Add-On Degree) in Manufacturing Engineering - SPRINGBOARD+Open for applications from the 25th June on www.springboardcourses.ie
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: Hetac Level 6 qualification in Engineering or a cognate discipline with two years experience in a technical role in a manufacturing environment
Free to unemployed applicants. €650 for employed applicants. (10% of full fee)
You are a manufacturing technician (holding a Level 6 qualification) wanting to upskill to a Level 7 Bachelor of Engingeering in Manufacturing degree, while working full-time.
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- You facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes, implement new processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- You monitor performance of equipment, machines and tools.
- You correct equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues, all within a highly regulated and complex manufacturing environment.
- You will analyse and solve problems from basic engineering principles and theories. Then initiate technical activities leading to new or improved products or process to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- You apply project management methodologies and Kaizen improvement philosophy to manage production/product design and process and systems improvement respectively.
- Instrumentation and Control (10 credits)
- Engineering Software Systems (5 credits)
- MedTech Manufacturing Technologies (5 credits)
- Engineering Mathematics 2 (5 credits)
- Lean Manufacturing (5 credits)
- Manufacturing Process Planning (5 credits)
- Project Management (5 credits)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (5 credits)
- Operations Management (5 credits)
- Quality (10 credits)
- Communication & Professional Development (5 credits)
Applicants who complete this course have the opportunity to work as a Manufacturing Engineer.
Hetac Level 6 qualification in Engineering or a cognate Science discipline, with two years experience in a technical role in a manufacturing environment. Fetac Level 6 qualification in a cognate discipline (for example toolmaker, fitter, electrician) with two years experience in a technical role in a manufacturing environment.
Online lectures (Tuesday and Thursday)
There is also a requirement to attend workshops on two Saturdays.
Course will commence in the third week of September 2020
Apply on www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete your application process you must upload the following
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visas since 2017.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of your Level 7 Degree/ Major Award or highest other qualification. Translated if not in English
You must also supply ONE of the following:
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, OR
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of jobseekers allowance/benefit, OR
- A copy of a recent bank statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection payment, OR
- A letter from your accountant confirming that you are self-employed, OR
- An affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a homemaker.
***When sending jpgs they must be attachments to your email, -not jpgs within emails. Documents sent as ZIP files cannot be accepted - please send as individual documents.
|Students should have/have access to a PC with the following|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit only) (version 1903 or higher)|
|Processor||Intel i7 or equivalent|
|RAM Memory||Standard: 8 GB , Recommended: 16 GB|
|Hard Drive||256GB SSD or Greater (Solid State Drive)|
|Screen Size||14" or Greater|
|Mouse||3 button mouse with scroll wheel|
|Graphics||Standard: Built in Graphics Card Recommended: GPU: NVIDIA Quadro T2000 w/4GB GDDR6|
|External Monitor||Standard 20 inch Recommended: 24inch 1080|
|Broadband||Reliable broadband connection with speeds of 5Mbps or greater|
Springboard+ is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
Graduate & Professional Development
+353 (0)85 805 3691 (09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday)
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020