Students win Engineers Ireland hoodies following a series of virtual visits
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020
Following a series of recent virtual visits from the Engineers Ireland student representative Mícheál Gallagher, GMIT’s School of Engineering is now in the position to announce the “Engineers Ireland Hoodie” lucky dip prize winners.
The winners are:
- Kacper Martynisk - Manufacturing Design (Y1)
- Adam Mulcahy - Agricultural Engineering (Y2)
- Sarah Keane - Energy Engineering (Y2)
- Qistina Binti Ab Halim - Energy Engineering – (Y2)
- Eric Onofrei - Civil Engineering – (Y1)
- Reamon O’Sullivan - Civil Engineering (Y1)
- Rokas Brezinskas - Civil Engineering (Y1)
- Harishana Henderson - Software and Electronic Engineering (Y1)
- Andrew Egan – Software and Electronic Engineering (Y1)
- Niall Lally – Mechanical Department Common Entry (Y1)
Engineers Ireland is the Irish professional body with the overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining the standards of the accreditation of engineering degree programmes, and of the registration of qualified professional engineers.
Click here to watch their presentation on YouTube, which outlines the benefits of student membership along with the procedure to join.
Newly enrolled student members should have immediate access to the Engineers Ireland recently introduced Graduate Webinars initiative. These webinars allow students to enlarge their network of engineering contacts and can be a useful resource for student projects.
The Engineers Ireland Graduate Webinars take place fortnightly. Students can register here on Eventbrite.
Staff from the School of Engineering would like to personally thank Mícheál Gallagher for taking the time out of his schedule to present to GMIT, and to Engineers Ireland for their continued sponsorship and kind gestures of goodwill.
Many thanks to the following GMIT lecturers who facilitated the visits: Gerard O’Donnell; Eddie Dunbar; Wayne Gibbons; Shane Newell; Michael Jackson; Natasha Rohan; James Nevin; Paul Lennon; Oliver Mulryan and Michelle Lynch.