For most people, college means moving to a new town or city and trying to find accommodation for the first time.
Private Rented Accommodation
It provides a list of the different types of accommodation (houses, flats, full and partial board) available near the Galway, Mayo, Letterfrack, and Mountbellew campuses.
A number of purpose-built student villages are located near GMIT Galway and Mayo campuses.
These student villages are owned and run by private operators.
Glasán (162+ apartments: 681+ Bed Spaces)
Ballybane Road, Galway.
Cúirt na Rásaí (31 Apartments: 102 Bed Spaces)
Tel: +353 91-764131
Milebush Road, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- This page lists privately-owned student villages, and the GMIT Students Union website contains a list of properties where the Students' Union has been informed there is accommodation to let .
- GMIT has not inspected any of the accommodation or checked its condition, or that it is safe or suitable for students or that the landlord has insurance against public liability.
- GMIT cannot be held responsible for or in any respect of the condition, suitability or safety of any of the listed properties.
- GMIT has not tested any appliances, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Students must rely on their own inspection.
- Landlords provide all information regarding property and it is the responsibility of students to check accommodation themselves.
STAY SAFE ON CAMPUS
An Garda Síochána Information Sheet (PDF, 72KB)