The Terms of Reference for the Self-Assessment Team are:
- To analyse and benchmark relevant institutional data on gender equality and intersectionality across the Institute.
- To engage and consult with staff and students on equality diversity and inclusion across the Institution – developing and analysing the data from an all staff survey which would address areas including gender and/or equality issues, work–life balance arrangements or caring responsibilities.
- To identify key gender equality issues/challenges faced by the Institute and propose an Athena SWAN action plan to address issues identified, taking into account issues and areas of intersectionality.
- To support the process of preparation of the institutional Athena SWAN Bronze award.
- To measure and demonstrate the impact of previous/ongoing gender equality activity across the Institute.
- To act as 'champions' for the Athena SWAN project in their department/area/campus, raising awareness, inspiring engagement of staff and students, attending events and encouraging active participation in the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter.