The following presentations have been supplied by the speakers at GMIT's 7th Annual International Construction Management Day, held on Tuesday, 6th March, 2018 at GMIT Galway campus:
1. 'Annual Review of the Construction Sector', Tomás Kelly, Director, AECOM - Download Presentation (PDF, 5.49MB)
2. ‘Addressing Digital Technology in the Global Built Environment’’, Mr David Taylor, President of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers - Download Presentation (PDF, 7.28MB)
3. ‘Planning and Flood Risk’, Ms Patricia Calleary, Senior Inspector, An Bord Pleanála - Download Presentation (PDF, 1.82MB)
4. ‘Deep Retrofit Towards Zero Energy’, Mr Brian McIntyre, Project Executive, Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland (SEAI) - Download Presentation (PDF, 4.38MB)
5. ‘The Irish Planning System’, Mr Gus McCarthy, Director and Senior Planner, McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan Planning Consultants - Download Presentation (PDF, 1.1MB)
6. ‘Review of Recent and Upcoming Changes in the Building Regulations’, Mr Eamonn Smyth, Advisor to Department of Housing on Building Regulations - Download Presentation (PDF, 2.29MB)
7. ‘BIM Use in Social Housing with Westminister Council’, Mr Patrick King, Associate Director, Head of BIM Technologies, ECD Architects London and GMIT Graduate - Download Presentation (PDF, 6.33MB)
8. ‘CRH and Future Developments in Material Supply and Technologies’, Mr Oliver Mahon, Senior Vice President CRH Ireland and Spain and GMIT Graduate - Download Presentation (PDF, 2.47MB)
9. ‘Lean Construction Ireland, Lean in Contracts Initiative’, Mr Mattie Dwane, Procurement Director at Specialist Project Services Ltd. and Project Procurement Manager for Alexion Pharmaceuticals - Download Presentation (PDF, 670KB)
10. ‘Case Study in Building Information Modelling’, Ms Urszula Jedrol, BIM Manager, Stewart Construction and GMIT Graduate - Download Presentation (PDF, 3.08MB)
11. ‘Current Issues and Concerns Affecting the Surveying Profession’, Mr Kevin Duke, Managing Director, Duke McCaffrey Construction Consultants - Download Presentation (PDF, 5.04MB)
Conference presentations are posted here by kind permission of the Speakers. Speakers retain copyright and intellectual property rights for the presentations.
The presentations may be used only for educational purposes or to fulfil requirements for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The presentations should not be copied, distributed, reused or sold for trade, without the express prior approval of the individual speakers.
At their absolute discretion, some speakers have requested that their presentation not be included herein.
GMIT Conference Chair
Email: Martin Taggart