We will post out your invitation approximately two weeks before the graduation ceremony.
Graduands are permitted to bring two guests to the ceremony. However, in sessions where there are smaller numbers and space allows, graduands will be issued with three guest invitations.
As the tickets are posted to the current mailing address we have for you on our record system. Please ensure your address is up to date.
|Dates / Deadlines|
|Graduation Tickets posted||Two weeks before ceremony|
|Outstanding fees and library fines to be paid||11th October 2017|
|Student robe bookings online||From 28th October 2017|
|Staff robe bookings||From 28th October 2017|
|Graduands present at ceremony||One hour prior to ceremony|
|Guests to be seated||30 minutes prior to ceremony|
|Staff present at ceremony||30 minutes prior to ceremony|
3. Dress Code
Your graduation ceremony is a formal occasion so we would ask that you follow the guidelines below:
- Women – Please wear neat, appropriate dress
- Men – Please wear smart appropriate clothing
- Graduands – it is mandatory for graduands to wear graduation robes for their ceremony. Phelan Conan supply the robes for the GMIT graduations. Please see more information about booking your robes here.
4. The Ceremony
Every year, over 2,000 students graduate from GMIT.
We know the hard work you have put in to get here and GMIT makes every effort to ensure you enjoy your graduation ceremony and take with you many happy memories of the day.
Due to the large volume of people going to each graduation, it is important to note the following:
- Please arrive on-time – graduands should be present an hour before the ceremony and guests should be seated 30 minutes before the ceremony
- Please follow the parking guidelines relevant to each ceremony
- All guests must have a ticket to enter the graduation hall. No ticket means guests may be refused at the door
- Please contact a member of staff if you or your guests has any special requirements for the graduation
- Please ensure your phone is switched off for the ceremony
- Have you cleared all your debts with the college? The deadline for payment of outstanding fees is 11th October to enable you to graduate this year.
- Have you booked your graduation robes through Phelan Conan? These must be booked in advance and can be picked up the day before or the day of your graduation.
- Have you received your graduation pack and tickets, including 2 guest tickets? If not, please email email@example.com
- Have you familiarised yourself with the venue and considered parking etc?
- Have you filled in the Graduate Survey?
6. European Diploma Supplement (EDS)
The European Diploma Supplement provides information about your award which is not available on the official parchment such as the skills and competences acquired, the level of the qualification and the results achieved.
The benefits of having a European Diploma Supplement include:
- It makes your qualification more readable and easily comparable abroad
- It gives employers and other Higher Education Institutions a precise description of your academic career and the competencies you acquired during your studies
- It allows easier access to opportunities for work or further studies abroad