page ammended 11/01/21
COVID Response Plan
- Read the GMIT COVID-19 Response Plan (PDF, 940KB)
- Student actions required to mitigate COVID risks when attending GMIT (PDF, 221KB)
- Staff actions required to mitigate COVID risks when attending GMIT (PDF, 259KB)
- Guidance for actions required if students/staff/visitors become unwell with possible COVID-19 symptoms while on campus (PDF, 164KB)
- Digital Champions Team 2020 (PDF, 208KB)
Policies & Protocols
- Appendix to the Student Code of Conduct: GMIT Public Health Measures for Duration of Covid19 Pandemic (PDF, 162KB)
- GMIT Face Covering Policy (PDF, 95KB)
- Protocol for field trips during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF, 120KB)
GMIT Policy on International Travel for students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic
Please find attached the “GMIT policy on international travel for students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic”. (PDF 218 KB0
As you know, the advice from the Irish Government is to avoid all non-essential travel.
If you do decide to travel outside of Ireland:
- You must inform the GMIT Covid Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is required as part of our control of the COVID-19 situation on campus and as part of our obligations as a public sector institution.
- Upon return to Ireland, you will be required to restrict your movements for 14 days and you will not be able to attend campus until this period of restricted movements is complete.
- In certain situations, it may be possible to reduce your period of self-restriction after returning to Ireland, details on this are outlined in the policy attached.
- If you travel to Denmark and then return to Ireland, you must self-isolate for 14 days – this is a stricter regime than restriction of movements, and details are outlined in the policy attached.
COVID Response Team
Mobile: 085 2092713